Monday, January 16, 2012

C is for Chevron


Some people dream in color, I dream zig zags. I see them everywhere. I want to transform everything, including my couch cushions, into zig zag patterns! Clearly, I’m in love with the chevron design. I don’t know if I should blame Missoni for Target or my friend Allison O. Either way, I am determined that chevron is the new black!

It all started with the launch of the Missoni for Target line. I’ve always had a thing for fun patterns including zig zags. Everything Missoni put out, I was in love with. I’m still wishing I picked up the Missoni weekender bag. Hint, hint, if you have an extra laying around, I will gladly make a weekender trip to come and get it.


After debating and not picking up the Missoni items I really wanted, and then receiving adorable Missoni tumblers and Missoni makeup bags, (thanks Sollars!) I was hooked on the zig zag again. Then, I went to Allison O’s house, and there in the new nursery she was decorating was a real life monument to my love of zig zags: yellow and white chevron curtains that her mom made. They were the kind that you dream of having. Long, and elegant with the grommet hooks, the yellow bursting with color in the nursery. For a few seconds, I was considering if I could squeeze into the crib for the future baby Otte and make this room my own.  And, to top it all off,  once the new baby arrived, Allison made a cute design for her living room wall. It was all of the dates of her family members with...a chevron background! It's too cute.  Check it out on her blog at http://sincerelydesigns.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/sudoku-no/ 

After being immersed in all of Allison’s chevron glory, I immediately started thinking how I could incorporate the chevron look into my mostly striped furniture scheme. The search is on…if you know of any subtle ways to add chevron to my life, let me know! Until then, I dream of these:





1 comment: